top of page

Welcome to EdAgree

EdAgree empowers international students with the knowledge and services they need to optimize their journey into, through, and beyond higher education.


The free EdAgree platform has tools to help students prepare and plot their ideal academic journey and to highlight their individual strengths. Students can also work with expert student advisors to help them apply and enroll in U.S. universities.

Teenage Students Raising Hands

Common Questions

Who is EdAgree and how can you help me? EdAgree, a subsidiary of the Educational Testing Service (ETS), empowers international students with the knowledge and services they need to optimize their journey into, through, and beyond higher education. Students utilize the EdAgree platform and partner network to highlight their individual strengths and plot their ideal academic journey.

What is the EdAgree platform? Our free student platform provides free tools to help you practice your English, learn about careers, and all about our university partners.

Can I get a scholarship? Students can receive scholarships from universities based on merit when they apply. Our partner universities offer great partial scholarships, but you'll still need around $20,000 a year to study in the US.

How much does it cost to study in the US? The cost of attending a university in the U.S. varies by school. The minimum cost for attending an EdAgree university for undergraduate studies is around $20,000 USD. The cost of attending graduate school varies based on school and program choice, but you’ll typically need a minimum of $30,000 to cover a year of tuition and living expenses in addition to any scholarships you may receive.

What is required to apply to a U.S. university? Every school is different, but typically you need at least a high school transcript and an English proficiency score, such as TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo. As far as grades go, the minimum GPA varies from school to school. You will also need to provide a bank statement showing that you have sufficient funds to cover your studies in the U.S.

What is a student visa and how do I get it? If you are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, you will require a visa in order to study in the U.S. Once you are admitted to a university, and show proof that you have the required funding necessary to attend, the school will issue the paperwork you need in order to apply for the student visa at your nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Here is some great information on the visa process:

Can I work while I am studying abroad? As an international student, you may be eligible to work up to 20 hours per week on campus while you are studying. In general, you will not be allowed to work off campus unless it is required as part of your degree program. Because work opportunities are limited, students must have sufficient funds to pay their tuition and fees before they come to the U.S.

What do you mean by bank statement? U.S. government regulations require student visa applicants to demonstrate that they have sufficient and available funds to pay for tuition and living expenses for the university they are attending. Students can demonstrate sufficient funds by submitting a bank statement, certificate of balance, affidavit of support from a person who will sponsor their studies, a scholarship letter, or any combination of these documents to show funding that covers at least the cost of attending for one year.

What do you mean by English proficiency score? For the English proficiency score, you'll need to submit scores for either the TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English test. Here are links to all three tests: TOEFL: IELTS: Duolingo:

Do I need to take an English Language exam? If you are from a country where English is the official language for business and education, you may not be required to submit an English language proficiency score. If you think you may be exempt from taking an English language exam, please contact your EdAgree advisor for more information.

How can I practice English? We have a ton of free resources for you to use to practice your English! Log into your account at and you will see tools at the top of your screen. You can use our English Diagnostic Assessment tool to gauge your current level of English and our English Speaking Practice tool to practice speaking English out loud. Additionally, check out our blog on best ways to practice your English skills:

How can I find the right school for me? Finding the school that fits your needs requires some work. You need to know what your ideal major is, the ideal career path, how much you can afford to pay, and where you would like to live! Deciding where to attend is a big decision, and we're here to help. Our career compass quiz will help you find the right pathway for you by focusing on your interests and corresponding majors. We have a wide variety of partners to choose from so you are sure to find the right fit for you!

Don’t see your question here?


Reach out to us at or attend our weekly office hours to get all your questions answered live. 

Office Hours (Instagram Post).png
bottom of page
This is CuEngine turkey messenger chat page